Friday 24 July 2015

Perfectionism is both a blessing and a curse!

When you write a story that you intend to publish, it has to be perfect! In that way, being a perfectionist is no bad thing. I like to think that I am open to negative criticism - I am a very negative critic of what I do. But I have also learned that I must get my work out there! Many people may not like it, but if someone likes it I've pleased them at least and also myself because of that.

Since publishing Gross Teacherpox in the Autumn of 2014 I have started to build a following and that is encouraging! Gross Football Curry followed and soon Gross Garden Gobbler will join them.

It is a long time since I blogged and I can see that over 700 people have seen my blog! Not many out of the entire population of the world, but it's a start.

What has spurred me to blog today is my old school-friend Stephen Waddington's career and teaching! Check him out on LinkedIn...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenwaddington

...and watch his PR video (amongst other videos...)

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zdfVBX-f3g

He was always more focussed than I was and now he's reaping the rewards. He grew up without a telly and read avidly and had an active outdoors life which probably contributed positively! He deserves his success.

Meanwhile, I'm exploiting my perfectionism and am channeling it with inspiration from the best!

Thanks, Stephen!




No comments:

Post a Comment