Tuesday 19 August 2014

GROSS TEACHERPOX by Andrew Ashcroft

My blog so far has been about children's books that have inspired me. Now I want to share the first result of all that inspiration - GROSS TEACHERPOX.


Gross Teacherpox is about when the authoritarian Miss Stern, the head teacher (principal) of Grimeton School is forced to use ANYBODY she can to takes classes for her when all of her teachers are ill with teacher pox. Mr Gross, a stinking monster with orange eyes is her last hope.

Here is some of my more of inspiration:

  • I am a teacher and have also worked as a substitute.
  • I aim to make interesting, inspiring, practical, dynamic lessons - like Mr Gross does… in his own way...
  • I prefer people who are not bossy like Miss Stern.
  • I wanted to create a story that would appeal to reluctant boy readers - but EVERYONE is welcome to read it!
It is 5,000 words long, took over five years to write and edit (life gets in the way…) but takes about half an hour for an adult to read aloud.

I had the good fortune to have the author Stephanie Baudet critique it before the publishing process began. She drew comparisons with Roald Dahl which was flattering for this fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment